I am pleased to announce that Protiviti released the results of its 2014 IT Security and Privacy Survey today. Our report contains some highly noteworthy findings that we’ll be discussing in greater detail in future entries. For now, let me share the key highlights with you:
- Board engagement is a key differentiator in the strength of IT security profiles.
- There remains a surprising lack of key “core” information security policies.
- Organizations lack high confidence in their ability to prevent a cyberattack or data breach (which isn’t a surprise given previous entries we’ve posted on this blog!).
- Not all data is equal: Companies can’t protect everything – designating a subset of their data deemed most critical will help with their data security measures, yet many aren’t doing this.
- Many are still unprepared for a crisis.
Visit www.protiviti.com/ITSecuritySurvey for more information and to obtain a complimentary copy of our report. And view our video below.