The results of the latest global IT Audit Benchmarking Study from ISACA and Protiviti, based on responses from more than 1,300 audit executives and professionals worldwide, paint a vivid picture of the ways IT audit leaders and professionals are succeeding, as well as where they need to “step up their games,” especially given the omnipresent nature of digital transformation efforts, cyber security risk and technological advancements.
The key findings from this year’s study are listed below. View our accompanying video and infographic, and visit Protiviti.com/ITAuditSurvey to download our full report. Look for more analysis and insights in future blog posts.
- Digital transformation and cyber security are influencing IT audit plans significantly.
- There is greater visibility and awareness of IT audit’s role and responsibilities.
- More partnering and collaboration are needed to counteract silo mindsets and behaviors.
- IT audit needs to move the needle in boosting engagement with major technology projects.
- Co-sourcing is on the rise, reflecting ongoing resource challenges.